7-Ingredient Foolproof Basque Burnt Cheesecake Recipe.
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ cup + 2 tbsp all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ cups heavy cream
- 1 tbsp vanilla bean paste
- 4 large eggs, room temperature
- 1 ¼ cup granulated sugar
- 3 ½ cups creme cheese, room temperature.
- Line 9-in springform pan with 2 15×18” sheets parchment paper. Preheat oven to 450°
- Cream the cream cheese until light and smooth with a paddle-attached stand mixer. Stream the granulated sugar with the mixer on medium-low. Cream until the sugar has dissolved. Scrape down the sides.
- Increase mixing speed to medium and add eggs one at a time.
- Reduce speed to medium-low and stream in the heavy cream. Add the vanilla and salt. Scrape down bowl sides again. Mix until smooth and creamy ~15 sec. Remove from mixer and sift in flour over top. Use a spatula to fold in the flour until well combined.
- Transfer mixture to prepared pan and bake in the oven for ~60 minutes until top is deeply golden, puffed cake, and jiggly center.
- Let cool in the pan for 40 minutes and remove the pan to let it completely cool on a wire. Peel the parchment paper off carefully. Cut into slices.
This recipe makes 10-12 servings.