Easy Make-head Vietnamese Coffee Crème Brulee
- 1 cup, heavy cream
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 tsp vanilla
- ¼ cup dark roast coffee grounded coarsely
- (300 ml) can sweeten condensed milk
- A pinch of salt
- ½ cup granulated sugar for tops
- Place 6 (3 ½ oz.) ramekins in a baking dish. Set this aside. Begin by preheating the oven at 325°
- Heat the heavy cream, half-and-half, and ground coffee in a heavy bottom saucepan with medium-high heat. Once simmering, remove from heat. Let it steep for 15 mins. and strain through a fine sieve.
- Whisk egg yolks and condensed milk until pale yellow. Add salt and vanilla extract. Strain it again. Ladle to 6 ramekins evenly.
- Fill the baking pan with ½ inch boiling water and bake for up to 35 mins until set edges but the jiggly center. Let cool on the wire rack. Chill for 2 hours or overnight.
When served, sprinkle 1 tbsp. Of sugar over the top one crème Brulee at a time. Melt the sugar with a kitchen blowtorch until golden and bubbly. This recipe makes 6 servings.